Sunday, November 30, 2014

Monki + meet up

Usually on Saturdays we take our time and wakeup without alarm clocks. I'll go out for a jog, come back and cook breakfast and we catch up on news and weekly stories we may have missed whilst getting through the week. Today however we were out of the house before 11 to meet up with our girl Rhi and also Tiffany of Fat Shopaholic (she's also made the move over to the UK for 9 months to study). We went to check out the East London Thrift 1 pound sale.

I was really excited to check it out because the 1kg 10 pound sale in Bethnal Green was good. It was clean, organised and it had a great selection of clothes. But yesterday we had to wait like an hour and half to get in, only to find a whole room full of clothes that were basically rejects. Stained, ripped and mouldy. SO NOT WORTH IT! The sectioned off part to their normal store had a pretty nice selection but the pieces that I managed to spy where all 20 pound and over so I was really disappointed in that. If you're looking for some key pieces to add to your wardrobe and don't mind paying some pounds then definitely check it out.

To be fair, if you are a straight size there were some cool jeans and overalls available for the pound but I wouldn't go again. The selection inside was not worth the wait. So I'm going to have to get out of London if I wanna thrift. I picked up a denim top, vest and 2 dresses that I'm going to cut them up and rework it.

Yesterday I wore my Monki Carla Tee available HERE and I decided to wear my good old faithful City Chic skirt because I didn't have to go to work and it wasn't freezing or raining! Boots are from New Look, these seem to be the closest one to them available online HERE.


Top Monki / Skirt City Chic / Lips Velour Australis / Glasses Street Stall NYC / Bow Philippines / Bracelet Samoa 

Waiting outside. The line went down the road and around the corner. Everybody was out hoping to catch a bargain.






Big Love & Seasons Greetings,

Mele 


No comments:

Post a Comment