Monday, June 24, 2013

Back in Brooklyn

Good Morning Falalas

I'm sitting in Gabby and Candice's apartment in Brooklyn. I've spent the first few days in midtown Manhattan and I 'm glad to be out of there. It's cool to go back and have the view of the city but I really fell in love with Brooklyn on my last holiday. I feel like this is a part of the real New York, the place where the real people live.

When we arrived we saw kids playing in the street and a guy kicking back to UB40 dancing one out having a good time. It's a nice change of pace because the city is always humming. People have to keep moving no matter what. When I looked around it didn't seem like anybody be smiling. I got sad watching everybody working so hard all day long thinking about how others live so comfortably and others bust their gut to survive. But in Brooklyn, I forgot about all that and just enjoyed everything that was around me.

We jumped onto the train and headed towards Dallas BBQ in Brooklyn. We got there at about midnight and we ordered some virgin pina coladas and ribs and chicken. YEAHHHH BOII that shit was yummy! We had to go out to celebrate Candice's birthday and we had a great time laughing and watching everyone else have a great time. There were families, grad parties and people on dates all eating wings and drinking mammoth frozen cocktails. I'm telling you it was such a good atmosphere and my jet-lag and lack of sleep could not stop me from having a good time.

Here are a few instapics I have to share with you. Follow me: mele2541 if you wanna stay posted.



Big love,



Falala Mele



3 comments:

  1. this is all kinds of awesome!!
    sorry i haven't been a good subscriber. work caught up with me..

    anyway, have a blast over there! can't wait to read and see more <3

    luv,
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiii Jiji! No need to apologise at all....I have been soooo busy with work too :( aghhhh I wish we all have a million dollars so we could take a long break from working ;)

    ReplyDelete