Thursday, July 19, 2012

4th July Pt. 2 Brooklyn African Arts Festival


So it's been a while and I have been DYING to post all my pictures from my AHHHHMAZING summer holiday in New York and Vegas. Here are a few photos from our 4th of July afternoon with our favourite  sisters Gabby and Candice from Trinidad. So it is a long story and I must tell it properly but basically the wonderful Gabby contacted me and offered to show us around while we visited. It was almost instant...after being 2 hours late (getting lost and all that) she graciously took us under her wings and we left New York with two new sisters :) 

It was a challenge to meet up with everyone as people were still working and studying. I did catch up with Deja though. It was short but very sweet :) So that post will definitely be coming up soon. But back to 4th of July....Gabby and her dancers were performing for Diblo Dibala and we most definitely had to go and cheer for her.

Gosh there was no shortage of colour and pattern. Young and old alike....they brought a mean fashion game, and it was all effortless. People of Australia; take note because this is how you do it.


My lovelies Ruthless, Candice and Theresa






Just flawless. Boobs and booty? No need when your game is this tight!



Punch to survive the heat wave


Dress: Thrifted $5 /  Glasses $5 Street Vendor / Shoes: Converse $50 / Bag: Thrifted .50c


Big Love,



Falala Mele xo

4 comments:

  1. hiya mele!
    looks like another colourful event! i love immersing my self in other cultures. you and your posse are looking good as usual!
    luv, jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Looks like fun, Wish I had been there with my ankara dress.

    http://anaqueenbee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to
    take a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and fantastic design and style.
    Review my weblog - alice in wonderland fancy dress childrens costumes

    ReplyDelete
  4. *wipes tear away*
    Yes we really felt the same (like we lost 3 sisters).
    It was sooooo not a hassle. I had a blast with you ladies each and EVERY time we hung out.
    LOL at "people of Australia", reminds me of Stephen Colbert when he says "Nation" when addressing Americans, so funny.
    Miss you guys like crazy.
    About to head to Sugar Cane tonight and I wish you could join us :(
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete